Surfing charters to Banyak islands, Simeulue, Nias, Mentawai and Tello on board Nauli departing from Sibolga, North Sumatra. 10 days/11 nights for USD 2,300 pp excluding airfares, we accommodate 10 -12 passengers in seven private cabins each with their own en suite toilet and shower.
Nauli is a 25 meter luxury steel yacht recently refurbished with seven comfortable air conditioned cabins with en suite consisting of six twin cabins and one large double cabin, large lounge and dining area with TV, DVD and stereo, huge aft and upper decks for relaxing on bean bags and viewing the surfing and sunsets. Meals and soft drinks are included in the package we serve a mix of Indonesian and western cuisine to suit your hearty appetite after surfing all day. Nauli is equipped with twin diesel engines, modern navigational and safety equipment and professionally certified crew.
Charters are hosted by a western surf guide who has surfed this region since the mid 80’s and is a commercial captain. We have a large zodiac with 40 hp engine and a 10 meter skiff with twin 85 hp engines to get to the waves quickly. The food is a mixture of Asian and western cuisine with protein, carbs and vegetables to give you energy for surfing all day. We have fishing gear for fishing enthusiasts and plenty of pelagic’s cruising the area and snorkeling gear to explore underwater. Free diver’s love this area and there’s plenty of action for spearing enthusiasts.
Whether you’re a shortboarder, longboarder, bodyboarder, SUPer or non surfer you will love your trip on the Nauli to these idyllic islands. Families are most welcome and well accommodated on Nauli .
We surf the Banyak Islands (many islands) home to famous waves as Treasure Island (Bangkaru) one of the best right hand breaks in Indonesia for natural footers, and there are more waves deep in the bay. Left handers like Cobra’s and Turtles are just around the point for the goofey footers, and our speed boat get’s you there fast. The Bay of Plenty with two lefts and a right is close by and the Lizards Nest breaks on special swells giving long barrel rides. We travel to other spots when conditions are suited such as Babi island which is a swell magnet, Nias, Hinako’s and Simeulue surfing waves such as Dylan’s, Teabags (Tepah) and Thailands. Your guide knows plenty of secret spots that break when the right swell hits, but you will be blindfolded for those spots 😉
Surfing conditions for Northern Sumatra
This region of wave drenched Northern Sumatra is situated just north of the equator so the winds are light and variable, we don’t get the strong trade winds like down in the Bali area. Low pressure systems generated in the southern ocean between South Africa and Australia generate frequent groomed ground swells that head straight to the Banyak, Simeulue and Nias islands offering some of the best and most consistent waves in the world. We get a range of south to south west swells and different surf spots break on particular swell directions. Our local knowledge gets you to the best spots on each swell and wind direction. We have a range of waves to suit any standard of surfer riding any style of water craft.
Nauli departs from Sibolga which lays on the west coast of Northern Sumatrera and it’s a 12 hour overnight transit to the islands. There are three flights from Sumatra’s capitol Medan to Sibolga with Wings/Lion Air http://www.lionair.co.id . Getting to Medan is easy as there are links from Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore with either budget airlines or regular airlines. Trips depart Sibolga on Monday afternoon/evenings to allow you to travel from home after a working week and you depart the Nauli on a Friday morning to enable you to get home on a weekend. We are not a travel agent but can recommend a professional one for you. Travel insurance is mandatory we recommend World Nomads can veiw policies here http://asianliveaboards.com/contact-us
Trip Start – Finish
1. 27-Feb to 10-Mar
2. 13-Mar to 24-Mar
3. 27-Mar to 7-Apr
4. 10-Apr to 21-Apr
5. 24-Apr to 5-May
6. 8-May to 19-May
7. 22-May to 2-Jun
8. 5-Jun to 16-Jun
9. 19-Jun to 30-Jun
10. 3-Jul to 14-Jul
11. 17-Jul to 28-Jul
12. 31-Jul to 11-Aug
13. 14-Aug to 25-Aug
14. 28-Aug to 8-Sep
15. 11-Sep to 22-Sep
16. 25-Sep to 6-Oct
New Zealand bookings to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions
- Trip cost is USD2,300 per person excluding airfares and transit accommodation.
- A deposit of 1000 USD per passenger is required to retain the booking, full payment must be made 120 days before departure.
- Payment of deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Deposits and payments are non-refundable but are transferable to other people in advance of the trip. In the event trip cannot be taken deposits may also be placed toward future trips by the depositor at Banyak’s Nauli Surf Charters discretion.
- Trip cost includes three meals per day plus snacks; free soft drinks, juices, water and isotonic drinks; all transfers from Sibolga airport to the Nauli and return. The trip cost is based on 10 -12 passengers. Exclusive use of the boat for fewer passengers is possible for an additional fee.
- Included is the use of the Nauli’s equipment like tenders to the surf breaks, fishing gear, snorkeling gear
- Beer packages are available we can buy cases of beer before your arrival the cost is USD40 per case of 24 beers that’s US$ 1.60 a can. You are welcome to provide your duty free spirits and you are allowed to bring one litre into Indonesia.
- Trip dates may be adjusted if needed – contact us for details
- Trip cost does not include travel to Sibolga, excess baggage charges, airport departure taxes (Rp.200,000 [~$US18] for international departures at Medan, Rp.70000 each way on domestic flights), Banyak govt entry fee (approx $US 35/person/trip), visas or travel insurance. Our Sumatran partners can organise meet and greet in Medan, hotels and domestic flights to your charter. You can pre-order the transfer package as part of your trip with Banyaks Nauli Surf Charters by contacting us http://asianliveaboards.com/contact-us
- If Medan transfers and accommodation are booked, we must have all customer information requested on our Customer information form https://goo.gl/forms/JMhnGlu5Ai3nALd23 submitted at least 60 days prior to your arrival.
- Travel insurance is compulsory and not included in trip cost. It is advised that you take out a policy at the time of paying deposit to cover you should you not be able to make your trip or there are any other unforeseen circumstances out of your or our control. We recommend World Nomads can veiw policies here http://asianliveaboards.com/contact-us
- All care is taken but no responsibility is assumed for death or injury occurring during the trip. Surfing can be a dangerous activity and you are visiting a remote location far from hospitals: please ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all medical issues. While we have air charters in the region who can do medical evacuations, there is no official medical evacuation service – your medivac insurance will simply reimburse you for costs, which you must be able to pay in advance.
- No responsibility is assumed for any loss or cancellation of any part of the trip due to weather, natural disasters or events outside Banyaks Nauli Surf Charters control. In all other cases, Banyaks Nauli Surf Charters liability will be limited to the amount paid to us for the trip.
- Please see the charter details above on when you must arrive. Ensure your travel insurance covers you in case of missed connections due to weather or domestic flight cancellations.
- Please note that there are harsh penalties for drug importation and use in Indonesia and drug use is strictly prohibited on the Nauli.
- You may also require cash for drinks, tips, T-shirts ($15) and USB sticks. If you are bringing a USB stick or drive to collect photos we recommend a minimum of 16GB, preferably 32GB+.
- The skipper is responsible for maintaining the safest and most enjoyable environment possible for our guests, and his instructions must be followed at all times. Failure to follow the skipper’s orders may result in you being removed from the boat and returned to mainland Sumatra without refund.
- Most of these rules are common sense. Bring a good attitude and you can be sure that you’ll have a great time in the the amazing Banyak Islands!
- Should there be any delays or hold ups with luggage, boards or guests any additional charges will be incurred upon the guest.
- In the instance where there are delays due to weather, cancelled or delayed flights or circumstances out of our control any additional charges will be incurred upon guests
Contact us : http://asianliveaboards.com/contact-us
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/asianliveaboards
Instagram : @banyaks_nauli_surfcharters
NZ bookings to : email@example.com